View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 05:10 AM
Dawn227

I am very slowly setting up my basement sewing room. I do have overhead lights as well as an Ott floor lamp and several clip on lights. The basement has been waterproofed and has waterproof finishing walls.
I have purchased cabinets w/ doors for fabric storage and used existing metal shelves we had with clear plastic totes for misc scraps (color co-ordinated) laces trims ect.
We still need to do larger 18" carpet squares that are for commercial use. As far as uneven floors there is a liquid you can pour on cement floors that will run into pools to fill unevenness.
DH made me a revolving pegboard for an additional 8 ft of notion wall space. He used 4x8 sheet pegboard made frame for it 2ft wide x4 sides and 8' high with revolving base. It tucks into a corner just make sure you leave enough turning room.
I have 4 sewing areas and kept my old dining room table for cutting. That is 40" w and opens to 8 ft. I love the large work surfaces.
My bonus is my little house (all 1000 sq ft) is pretty tidy now and we can actually eat in dining room.
dawn227

Last edited by Dawn227; 08-26-2012 at 05:16 AM.