View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 06:12 AM
Elisabrat

Morning! how are all of you doing today?? its sorta cooler which is a true blessing. I love cool fall weather. Soon, its coming, cant wait to want to wear a sweater lol.. now a tank top is a bit too warm and too old to go with anything less hows that for a morning image..

today I think will be a great sewing day. Templates in hand it should work. Did four square blocks last night and once again they worked. Kind of a framed hourglass. Maybe jacobs ladder next.. afraid of all those blocks just that many more ways I can lose a smidgen of an inch and not get my block right.

I have a question, am I the only one who is measuring to the exact? I do send a note, ie on Jabas sorry Jaba where it is 1/4 inch short .. I felt it was alright since she said she was making placemats but I might be horribly wrong there. I plan to make a redemption block of the correct size with the scraps I have. Boy this size thing is hard work maybe the new machine will improve that a tad. I notice my foot jumps a bit ? like its not down firmly even though its been put down. Old machines are not all that .. but it beats my hand sewing all your blocks.. I can do that but not nearly close enough together, like 8 stitches an inch which is not good. Too hard to see the hole in the shorts and that threader thing? if you cant see the hole how do you use your easy threader? argh.