View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Sierra

Yesterday I stopped by JoAnn's to pick up a notion and, of course, went to the fabric area to look for something that would strike me as special. I found some "ocean" fabric that would be perfect for a project I have in mind.... but it was marked down 20%, so no 40% coupon could be used. I kept looking and couldn't find ANY cotton fabric that wasn't discounted 20%. Some of these prices were over $12.00. I asked a clerk and she said, this bridal area is not discounted... well, that wasn't what I was interested in so I asked her outright, "Is there any quilting cotton NOT discounted?" and she said there was not. When I checked out, with my less than $5 purchase, I told the clerk that if there is a way for her to pass on customer satisfaction, please tell the powers that be that their "sale/coupon" policy is frustrating and I now only use JoAnn's as a last resort (which was very true for the small items I did buy).

Our local quilt store closed so I have to go about 30 miles to get to other LQS, and JoAnn's is only 20 miles away and near a Costco, so we go that direction more often for notion type things. I hope they get the message. They are really jerking us around.