Old 09-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Everose

Greetings everyone! I'm reading the thread this month and working at loosing the weight that I gained on vacation. #5 to go and then I'll be back - so thinking Oct. will be a good goal for me.

Welcome to all you newcomers!!! And a big CONGRATULATIONS to our August winner. Yes, I'm the one who says "treat yourself good or be good to YOU". My DD has now gone vegan so am trying to eat as healthy as she is but got a call yesterday that my Dad was in the hospital in AZ. (I'm a stress eater - today it was Diet Coke, which I know is not good for me.) His second request to his friend was "don't call my kids". So we are working around it by calling the care center he has been at. He's a very STUBBORN German and at 91 won't change. He went in with chest pain, but they found something on his lung, so treating it with antibodics (sp) and we'll see what happens. My Mom is adjusting to the memory unit better than I am. She seems content, but the Alzheimers has really progressed. She didn't know my brother last week, which hurt both of us. Life ....

Yes we bought the house/property in Michigan and will retire there in the next 2 - 5 years. Going out again the end of Oct and hoping to take a load of "stuff" along, as we will be cleaning and getting it ready for renting. I actualy am looking forward to the move, now it depends on DH's retirement and how Mom is doing.

For Christmas this year I plan on making a lot of the Spicy Swirl table runners in shades of red and green. I have fabric selected for one, but if I have enough fabric, I might make two right away. Did finish a Christmas throw for a SIL and took it to Michigan when we were there in August. That way I didn't have to pay the postage, and she can put it out before the holiday and enjoy it.

Better find something for supper. The zucchini and cukes are producing great. Made a double batch of salsa last week and probably will have to do another batch this week.

Take care everyone and remember - be good to YOU.