View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
JanTx

Our local quilt shop is always a great place to be, but with the Quilt Across Texas program they have really worked hard to have more, more, more! More quilts on display, more kits ready for purchase, more displays, more, more, more! It's just plain old fun. There are 7 shops in our region this year instead of the 14 we had to get to to complete the region last year. I'll definately get them all in. Went to the local one yesterday and picked up the kit they have with this year's Texas fabrics. How COOL to have fabric with the name of our little town on it! (Each shop involved in the hop has it's name on the fabric.) Also picked up a Thanksgiving fat quarter and some fabric for backing that was on the promotional shelf for $3.50/yard. The shops don't put things on sale for this hop - I think they try not to have one shop have an advantage over another and since we're going into several shops don't want to find fabric less in one shop than I paid for it in another. But this shop always has a promotional shelf and I always check it for good deals. So - a kit with fabric that will not be available later, a $2.75 fat quarter, and backings for two quilts at a great price. I won't be able to spend that much in my other stops, but will have fun looking anyway. I keep fat quarters in some "themes" that I collect during events like this - while spending just a little bit I can enjoy hopping through the shops. (Patriotic, black/red/white, and school are themes I find fqs for when I hop through shops.)
Attached Thumbnails dsc00042.jpg   dsc00041.jpg