View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Stitchit123

I have more info that may help. In my seargh for moving truck rentals-Penske-they have the best deals and they have larger trucks to choose from also the earlier you reserve a trk the better the price. get their brochure on HOW TO PACK its a really great tool.The really hard part of this kind of move is the sorting of all your possessions. Start NOW !!! Knowing the size of truck is very helpful in deciding what is and isn't necessary or can be replaced easily and cheaply at the other end.I used Closet boxes for linens and clothing these are 4ft tall an 2ftx2ft sqr. Try to keep your boxes in a uniform size to make stacking and packing the trk space work better.Also get yourself a yellow legal tablet and a couple rolls of packing tape. Label each box with its contents. Cover the list with tape to protect it from tearing.This makes the hunt for things needed first so much easier. Decide what you are going to sell as early as possible put these items on Ebay and Craigslist -yard sale everything else. The money I made paid for my truck and fuel and all my deposits and 1st months rent. Set yourself a daily goal on sorting each room Please do not over do.And when your tired take a break.Keep in mind this is a huge task and you have to pace yourself. You want to enjoy the experience as much as possible. I hope your new adventure is as wonderful and as joyous as mine has been.