View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Janis

I like Jinny Beyer's Perfect Piecer. It shows all of the angles and has holes you can put your pencil through to mark your seam lines. A friend takes along her small June Taylor cutting/ pressing mat to pin her pieces on. A cord on your small scissors to hold them handy and keep them from falling out of your reach would also be handy. I keep a lot of my little sewing notions and fabric pieces in a mesh zip bag. Thread on bobbins instead of spools would be handy and take up less room. Don't forget the usual, pins, needles, pin cushion, small ruler, thimble if you use one, etc. Also a little bottle of hand sanatizer would be good to take to make sure your hands are clean after eating chocolate, etc. Also a pressing stick would be handy as well as a little iron when you are in a motel or at someone's home. Take pictures of your quilting on the way, as well as the scenery. I keep my camera handy when I'm riding in the car so I can take pictures on the move through the window. This is long, but I hope you find something here helpful. Also, one of my favorite tools... a small telescoping magnet (cheaper at Auto Zone $3.00 than at Joann's) to pick up pins, scissors, needles, thimble, etc that fall out of your reach. Have a great trip . :)