View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Pattycakes

Originally Posted by conniemaried View Post
Being a new quilter, I am still learning how to use all the products out there for quilters, but this one's got me beat. I am doing a kit quilt, and have to cut out 120 3x6 flying geese to fit together accurately in the main body of the quilt. I tried using the recommended ruler to cut them to no avail--I couldn't make them accurate. So I tried the Quilt in a Day Flying Geese ruler, but still couldn't keep the ruler from sliding. OK, so I ordered online some Invisigrip which is supposed to keep the ruler from sliding. It came this afternoon, applied it to my ruler and to my dismay, the ruler is as slick as ever! The invisigrip sticks good to the ruler, and as far as I can tell, can only be applied one way--it doesn't stick on the other side. Slick as ever. Have I wasted money on this product, or am I doing something wrong? At this point I feel it's bad enough to warrant a refund. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks, Connie
I have watched Quilt in a day alot but have never used the invisagrip product. I purchased small sandpaper disc from Joann frabrics and put them on the bottom side of my rulers. I place the ruler where I need it on the pattern and cut around it. It doesn't slide. Hope this helps.