View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 12:44 PM
HouseDragon

Aloha! I went and changed my profile to show I live on the beautiful Garden Island of Kaua`i.

Can't figure out how to show a photo under my name, though.

We have three shops: A "discount" fabric shop filled with non-quilting fabrics and a limited (to me, anyway) choice of quilting cottons. Of course, there are lots of Hawaiian fabrics and a nice array of Kona solids but the owner's choice of quilting cotton patterns isn't "my" taste (except for the very nice section of cat fabrics). The second shop has a stunning number of my favorite batiks and lots of oriental fabrics. The third is quite small but has a nice selection of oriental, batiks, and some Moda fabrics (yea!). There are no reproduction fabrics (Civil War, 1930s, etc.) available at all.

I've been criticized for buying online and pigging out whenever I'm on the mainland. Whatever!

Sorry! I detoured ....... I need to think about contacting the shop-link and finding out the postage if I choose the lap-size quilt: it can be horrendous to Hawai`i if a Flat-Rate Box isn't used (USPS USA). Do you have flat-rate international boxes in Canada?