View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Geri B

well, all I can say is..if you are planning to have this done by Christmas, what year???

I don't have that kind of fortitude.
My first quilt---did not know anything--was a simple four patch made with squares already cut that I had picked up at a garage sale......a looooong time ago... If I had started with this particular pattern, I definitely would not be a quilter today!!!!!

Go to your local library, maybe they have or can get the book for you-or even books on "how to..." which is what I did after I finished my "first" and discovered this wonderful world.....

Are you using scissors or did you invest in a rotary cutter and self-healing mat?

Are you doing this by hand or will you be using a sewing machine? From the pics it looks like you are hand sewing with a backstitch rather than a straight stitch....that would make little bumpies......

I sincerely suggest you try something a little less difficult as your first step into this pool.......

To me, my quilting/sewing is relaxation not frustration---we have enough in the real world....

Remember when/if you decide to make a bed size quilt -for your daughter - it will require much fabric - front and back and batting - and that too will cost $$$$$$