View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:29 AM
afchic

Smile My First Quilt- Postage Stamp Quilt

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I made this quilt for my daughter before I deployed in 2010. I knew that I was going to deploy to Iraq and I wanted her to have something to wrap around her while I was gone the 6 months. We were moving cross country at the time, and my husband drove. I hand pieced all the squares together on the road trip and anytime we were in the car. It took me 8 months to peice it together. I know that there are many flaws in the quilt, but I was very happy with the results and so was she. I literally finished the quilt on the way to the airport for my deployment. I had to google the binding process the morning I left for the deployment. I plan to make another one but larger this time, because I just love the look of scrap quilts. Since then I've made a few rag quilts for gifts, but I love the postage stamp quilt, and I love this board. On my deployment when I had time to get on the internet once a week I would look at all the beautiful quilts and dream of when I could get back to quilt. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails postage-stamp-quilt.jpg