Old 09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
irishrose

So far so good with my granddaughter and the baby. She is on bed rest to give the little guy a few more days for lung development. Too bad it's in a hospital a hundred miles from home.

Prayers are being offered for job, Cindy. May you be hired and the job be the right one for you. If it isn't, it will give you an income while you look for the perfect job.

I am chilled through. Today is 45 degrees with alternating sun, rain and hail. Wonderful weather for the CROP walk. As the registrar, I had to sit in the pavilion out of the sun (when it broke through) on concrete with a breeze/wind blowing. I had thought about canceling because of the neurathapy flare, but I was better this morning and I'm stubborn. I don't cancel easily. The apple/water station on the far side of the lake got pelted with big hail. They were out in the open as were the runners and walkers. No one called for pick up. Northerners are a tough bunch!

I need a nap - I have to get up too early on Sunday. I think I will put a potato in the oven to bake and go curl up with my warm furgirls.

Grilled chicken, baked potato and lots of tomatoes for dinner and raspberries for a snack later. That'll do for me. I had bean soup from a gourmet cook at the walk. I prefer my own old fashioned recipe, but it's nice of the restaurant to donate a huge amount of soup and wonderful rustic breads for the walkers. The black olive and cheese bread looked yummy, but no one would try it and tell me if it tasted as good as it looked.

Off for the nap, then my private CROP walk with Cheech and Chong. I raised $281, so I need to do a dedicated walk for my sponsors, even if it's not the same hours as most people. The routes were 2.2 miles, 3.5 miles and 7.5 (around the smaller lake). You know which one I'm choosing, LOL.

I am losing weight and getting healthier and so are you if you are accomplishing this week's taboo.
Judy