View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 05:52 AM
Shana

My sister & I just became proud owners of a Brother Pacesetter 8500D, it's an older used machine, but in excellent condition. We have never had anything but basic Singers so we have LOTS of questions

Can we do basic cleaning/maintenance ourselves or do we have to send it out to the repair shop! (they want more than I paid to clean it!)
If we can do it ourselves is there a 'how-to' somewhere?

A friend of a friend suggesting getting our first sets of thread off of eBay cheap, and moving up to more expensive threads as we go along. Anyone buy thread off eBay?

I need to buy the PED Basic set as we were unable to find the card reader or any cards(it was an estate sale and the family knew NOTHING about any of the stuff they were selling) I'm guessing they were stored in the sewing table that they sold separately before calling me.

Are the cards re-writable? or will I have to buy a new one every time I want to load something new onto the machine?

I'm so excited to get this up and running lol just wish I would be able to pick up the PED Basic as bit quicker, but I'll survive another month