View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:50 PM
QuiltingNurse

I have always fed my dogs table food. My Golden Retriever, Jonathan passed away when he was 13 from "old" age and a problem with his hip. I used a little bit of Kibbles and bit's dog food (was the only one he would eat) and the rest was table food. Sampling of his meals included roasted chicken with carrots, meatloaf with stringbeans, meatballs with a little sauce. Every Sunday morning, he had two scrambled eggs, a slice of toast-buttered and a bowl of milk. In the summer when he was young, he would get a vanilla ice cream cone. Never fed him sweet potatoes, very, very little turkey as these foods were very gassy for him. He loved cheese, butter, etc.

He had a beautiful coat, no skin problems, good eyesight and teeth. When he was about 11, he had blood work done and the vet could not believe that his lab work was so normal. I told him I attributed it to the table food. I got Jonathan in 1989 and he passed away in 2002. I'm a firm believer in table food for my dogs. All were very healthy.