Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Jen C

Now as far as my new Viking 6010 goes - it sews perfectly! I paid $35 for the machine and the 4 cams A, B,C, & D, along with a really nice blue case. It had no extra feet, attachments, and only 1 bobbin. It looks like an "L" type bobbin? Candace, Pat, Cathy? Anyway, it was frozen so we took it apart (DH and I) today as much as we could. Those darn things are cast in one piece! We could only get the free arm part apart, take the HW off and go in from the back!
I also got a Viking this week. Mine is a 6020. I paid $60 but it came with everything from the original owner- manual, advertising book, 12 feet, 4 cams, and table. The table was full of "stuff" needles, seam binding, thread, etc.
My machine was sewing fine, but the stitch width knob was stuck. I joined a Vintage Viking group on Yahoo and they helped me fix it with a blow dryer. It works great now.

Let me know if you need a copy of the manual and I will mail it off to you. I think that both machines are pretty much the same.

Edited to add that the machine was over two hours away which made it not as much of a bargain.

Last edited by Jen C; 09-26-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: To add the downside