View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 PM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Delilah, you're right about EB designing that particular Orion star block, however, if you google both hunter & orion star quilts, you will see the same quilt! So, it can be either!
I too think they are similar, but quilterscache.com traditional block of the Hunters Star is made with templates and/or piecing that connects triangles and rectangular shapes to create the block. Orions Star, as the one shown in this thread, is created with HST's and solid colored squares, arranged similar to Hunters Star. However, when figuring the measurements for Orion's Star, I came up with smaller stars, because of the HST's, than the Hunter's Star traditional block. The points of the stars fall at different lengths on a grid. I was able to re-create an Orion Star block in EQ7 by editing the Hunter's Star block included in EQ7. Can't wait to get this one started. I really love your idea of the black and white colorway.
As a side-note, Orion was a hunter in Greek Mythology. Hence the Orion Constellation is also called the Hunter Star as it includes the hunter.