View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 03:08 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

One question I DO have is I wonder what type of bag you use for your paper piecing projects. I've been searching Amazon and can't seem to find one that really works for me.

Trina

make a bag of your own that works for you! the one i made is a small (tote style bag) it has a seperator pocket with a velcro closure that holds my paper pieces, one side for cut pieces of fabric- another pocket for finished hex's, i have a small tin that holds a wool felt needle book, embroidery scissors & pins- it fits into it's own pocket- elastic loops that hold a couple spools of thread, and a wide flat zippered pocket that holds finished blocks- it is about 14" high, 8" wide, with 4 sections, 3 pockets, 2 handles, and a velcro tab/button closure on top.
i also have a purchased (satchel) with numerous zippered clear plastic pockets, files envelopes and a zipper all the way around to carry larger projects, templates, ect- it was expensive- and although very handy at times it's a bit (over-kill) for my normal travel projects; i think it was originally made for scrap booking, or perhaps some other stitching work. but making your own ensures you cover your needs in a size that is handy for you