Old 09-29-2012, 10:09 AM
klgls

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
I have the Janome 6600 - the features are the same as the 7700 but the 6600 has a smaller harp space.

Features I DO NOT use - Needle threader, knee lift, single hole stitch plate

Features I love and would not do without if I had to replace the machine - Accufeed (built in walking foot), thread cutter, needle up/down with the push of a button, small increment needle left/right positioning, large harp size (but I wouldn't object to even larger harp!!)

Like the others above, I piece with my Accufeed all the time - but I use the accufeed foot with the 1/4" guide and I move my needle position to the right for a scant 1/4" seam - which is the only reason I don't use the single hole stitch plate.

The few times I tried the knee lift I still found myself moving my right hand into position to lift the foot ... so why bother with that dumb rod in between my legs!!

Never used the needle threader, honestly don't know how it works

And yes I would buy another Janome again ... drooling over their new one which has a larger harp area and is also an embroidery machine. The dealer gave me a SWEET deal on one but I just can't justify spending $8K on a sewing machine.
I have the Janome 6600 too. I LOVE IT!! I love the knee lift - and I keep the knee lift on the outside of my right knee (not between my legs). I use the Accufeed a lot. The needle threader is awesome (since I can't see that darn tiny hole) . I have used the decorative stitches and the monograming. I have done 2 free motion quilts on it and it's wonderful. In fact, I'm thinking about selling my midarm machine and frame. I upgraded from a New Home My Excel 23L. So much better - although my little New Home still runs like a dream.