Old 09-29-2012, 12:20 PM
teriann

I'm a new quilted so I should probably just keep my mouth shut but I'm not very good at that but here is what I have:
Bernina 820 QE - my favorite so far but cost the most, you get what you pay for tho. $5999 brand new. I love the threader, cutter, knee lift, this thing is by far the strongest out of my three machines. It will sew easily thru 8 layers of jeans just like it's a single layer of cotton. Not that anyone ever would need to sew thru 8 layers of jeans, just saying... This machine is my favorite so far in my quilting experiences.

Next up is my Janome 7700. This one is my husbands favorite because it is by far the quietest of the 3. Nice straight stitch. $1999 brand new, with the table and a free new little machine and box set of thread. Good bang for the buck. I enjoy sewing on this one. Auto threader, cutter, knee lift, and accu feed. It has slot of nice decorative stitches also. Nice machine.

Last but surely not least is my Husqavarna Sapphire Quilt. This was my first machine, very strong nice straight stitch. The only thing that I don't like about this machine is the grinding sound it makes, especially when it cuts, sounds slot like metal on metal. But they say this is normal, and the demo one made the same noise so does my moms. $2100 brand new, nothing free or thrown in on the deal. This one is not near as strong as my Janome and doesn't even come close to my Bernina. This one has slot of nice stitches also.

I guess out of these three brands, I am gonna say I am definitely a Bernina girl so far. I am in love with my Bernina, with that being said tho, I also like my other two, just not as much as my Bernina. I think my Bernina has spoiled me...