Old 09-30-2012, 03:59 PM
x7lillies

Default Original Pattern - Little Sailboats at Sea :)

I saw the sailboat block a while back and thought it was too cute to put off. I have a craft show coming up in December, so I made this for my inventory. The boat fabric is a wood grain print, the sails are green and white stripes, the sky is light blue with cream circles on it, and the "water" prints are a blue dot print and a teal damask print. I think the choice of yellow for the border really brings it to life. I'm so happy with this one! This is also my first attempt at HSTs, and most of my points are good on this one. The back is a really nice batik, deep blue with a turquoise square print on top.

This quilt is also my first attempt at free motion quilting. I tried to mark out the waves and "wind" with a chalk pencil, but I think the one I bought was defective or something. It wouldn't mark the fabric (I even tried it on a darker fabric), so I just winged it after a few practice tries. Some of the waves are a little less symmetrical that I'd like, but I think it fits the "whimsical" feel for a child's quilt anyway. This is a crib sized quilt 35" x 55".

Thanks for checking it out!
Attached Thumbnails sailboat-hung.jpg   sailboat-draped.jpg   sailboat-wave-fmq.jpg   sailboat-wind-fmq.jpg   sailboat-back.jpg