View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Knitnoid

I used my serger constantly when I sewed garments. Eons ago, I let the movers take my sewing machine, but not my serger since I knew we would be staying with my folks for a couple of months until we got our own place. My husband thought I was crazy and my mom didn't see a need for a serger. Well, I knew mom has a sewing machine, so I didn't need to bring mine given the space limitations. About two weeks later, I knocked one of the loopers or knives loose stitching over a pin (Ah, big no-no. you just thought you weren't supposed to stitch over a pin on your sewing machine) I walked around the house in a daze because I "couldn't" sew w/o my serger. After 3 or 4 days, mom went out and bought her OWN and about a week later mine was fixed. I think mom wore two sergers out sewing for her grandbabies.

As for the Accuquilt -- I think it depends on the type of quilter you are. I have a friend with the Go! and another with the Baby Go! I see absolutely no reason to buy one myself. I'll borrow it. In fact I did last summer to make a drunkard's path type quilt. I wouldn't have made the quilt without the cutter - but I can't see myself using the cutter for square, rectangles, triangles and strips. If I ever make another double wedding ring quilt, I'll buy the die. There is an Eleanor Burns die - I can't remember which one now -- which I would buy.