Old 10-13-2009, 05:01 AM
sandpat
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
The challenge I see is to get in touch with the other member's center and digest the pattern and the colors. Don't you find it hard to work in color lines that you don't care for and what about modern versus traditional designs?

That is a big part of the challenge. It's exciting in a "stretch and grow your potential" kind of way. I think an even greater challenge though, at least for me, is to create an unfinished quilt. Only the last border will complete the quilt, so each previous round will be adding to the top, while having no idea what the finished product will be. Kind of like shooting in the dark . . . .
I agree with all of your explanations but have to add my 2 cents worth...of course. Madquilter, the joy of the RR is twofold. First you do get the opportunity to "work outside of your own box" in at least the ways mentioned previously. Secondly, you get to share in the creation of a quilt with 6 other people that you wouldn't get to normally work with. (And you'd be surprized at what you learn about yourself and your own capabilities!) Each person has a large emotional and small financial investment in each quilt in the group which makes it all worthwhile in the end.

Hope you'll join us next year....its a ton of fun!