View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 AM
jodimarie

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
I use Joann fabric a lot. LOL Like Buckeye Rose my closes Joann's is a long ways away, 120 miles, one way, so I only go once a month, on my guild night's. I know it is a long trip but it is the closest chain store that sells fabric, and the closest quilt guild for me. I too use lots of coupons and try to only buy with coupons or if it is on sale. I have never had a bad experance with them. I have picked up a couple of bleeders but I always pre wash so that is not a big problem, they only blead in the first wash. You do need to keep an eye on there fabric, I have seen some thin stuff but I just bypass it. I envy you members that have places like Hobby Lobby, Hancocks, ect. close to you. I do have 3 LQS within a 1 hr drive from me, one to the west, and two to the south. All great shops good selection but with my budget I just can not pay $12 plus per yard.
you do realize that the money you will spend on gas to drive that 120 miles one way ( 250 round trip )!!!! you can ''justify'' shopping a local store and altho you will pay more per yard than at JoAnns, you will be saving money in the long run. If I am looking for neutrals, I will have them cut 6 inches or so, from 6 different fabrics and still only pay for one yard....you can make the shopping experience last a long time doing it that way and not just buying a yard of this and a yard of that fabric. I am about 45 minutes from Joanns, Hobby Lobby and Hancocks as well as a lot of LQS in the Kansas City area that charge a lot less than the LQS store in my city but I justify her prices because it will take me about 3 gallons of gas for a round trip or about 12.00......