Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Willful ignorance is a aarrggh!

But what I find worst are the posters that post to say that they will show or share information, but then they never follow through with that promise. Or when they are asked questions and/or one makes suggestions for them, they never show recognition. What ever happened to a thanks.

One spends the time to take an interest in them, answer their questions, and be their audience only to be jerked around by them.
I have to learn to ignore and move on...maybe it will be today.
I don't think I've been one of these people, but if I have I sincerely apologize! I often times have had people take infr from me without another word, but I have found the gift in giving. I don't need a thank you. I have a coworker who writes on the calendar the date of the wedding shower she has given a gift for. If she doesn't receive a thank you before the wedding, she does not give a wedding gift. I just think she is missing the blessing. If I never gave a gift (or information, response, etc) after NOT receiving a thank you, I most likely would never give another gift. What a shame.
I'm getting older....I tend to forget things and as many times as I've written notes, or told myself "I will not forget", I do! An offer of information is not a promise. If I make an offer and after a few days you haven't received it, please remind me. I have a life beyond this quilt board and often forget I was going to do something, or even when to go somewhere. People are human and humans are imperfect. Sad that one may think my forgetfulness is "jerking" someone around, or ignorance on my part.
I'm not "dis'n'" anyone....just thinking life has worse things to offer than this....my sister has lung cancer, my coworker's brother has throat cancer, my brother has an undiagnosed incapacitating pain in his legs and feet, my husband suffered a pituitary tumor, on and on and on! And still life goes on. Forgive and forget. Ignore and move on. LOL!
On the sewing machine ignorance...my husbands cousin found their grandmothers sewing machine in the haymow of the barn as they were getting ready to tear it down. All rusted and horrible deplorable condition. He sandblasted it and primed it gray. Everything nice about it was ruined. But he gave it to me and it means the world to us as it was their grandma's. Someday we may find a Billy who is willing to do a paint for us. If not we have the story to tell to the grandkids. The manual was in the cabinet and so we do have a pic of what it should look like. Wouldn't it have been nice to have a pic of grandma using it?? Remember that ladies and gents....the machine you leave to your kids/grandkids will mean much more if they remember you using it or see pics of you using it. I think I may go set up the tripod now and do some self pics at every machine!! (Unless I forget to do it!!!) LOL! And then I'll go develop and stick a pic in the drawer of every cabinet...and the FW will have a pic in the box.....and the carry cases of the other machines! Unless...I.....4...get.....again!!!