View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:24 PM
jljack

Hi - Yes, you have all the thread guides on it. There are only 2 after the arm...both are there. There is another that does down by the needle, but if it's gone, don't worry about it. I took mine off to put a darning foot on, and it sews fine without it. I use my 301a for all my piecing. Literally...all of it! I just love her...she sews a perfectly straight seam, which I just think is her best attribute. Also light to carry to sewing events...put her in a rolling case and you will be in Hog Heaven!! LOLYou really don't need to take her to the SMG. He's gonna charge you big time to do little things you can do yourself. find the manual online for free, and just do the oiling and cleaning under the needle plate and around the bobbin case...that will do 98% of what needs to be done. Sometimes they do a little "growl" when they've been sitting without oil for a long time, but after oiling and running her for a while, she's quiet down. Remember to oil her at least once a month, but more often if you sew a lot. One drop in each hole is all. You'll truly love her when you get acquainted. Mine is my favorite!