View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 12:09 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by mbailey View Post
Hi my name is mary ive been lerking around ont this board for awhile now reading and looking and learning. i need help. i am wanting to make some lap quilts some for vet headed on the honor flight. but most inportantly i and going to make project linus quilts for childern fight for there lives in hospital, an for nursing home patient. ok here the quiestion i was given alot of polyestor fabric i mean alot. can u make lap quilts from this material, would you use a batting for the middle or not, i just dont know what to do. i wouldnt use it for the little ones but if it can be done for the vets and nursing homes. i sure would love you opin on this if its a no its in the trash unless i ca give it to someone else.
Thank You
Mary Bailey

I'd use cotton or a cotton blend for the top and some sort of batting, maybe even just a heavy flannel. Use the poly for the backing. But you may not be able to use the poly for certain organizations. In that case, make them to suit yourself and donate locally to a hospital or nursing home.