View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Where you live brought up the/an answer for me as to why/how you found this fabric at Tuesday Morning in Houston. There are times that the print of the fabric comes off just wrong...the color is off; the prints didn't match up; the selvage edge was a misprint; whatever. These fabrics can't be sold as top grade goods, but they are still a valuable product.
Moda (United Notions) is headquartered in Carrolton/Dallas, TX; Tuesday Morning headquarters is in Addison/Dallas, Tx. It's easy to see that it would have been a reasonable business decision to sell the "off" goods to Tuesday Morning for distribution.

I once bought Hoffman's neon teddy bears at Cloth World for a reduced rate because the colors of the print didn't register right on the design. Another time I found a very well known (to me) print from Mary Ellen Hopkins (SSI at the time) at a Ben Franklin store for $1.99 a yard. I knew it was hers, the color was perfect, and I looked it over to see why it was at that store. On the selvage was written, "designed by MERRY Ellen Hopkins"!

Jan in VA