Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Ladibug

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
I'm guessing she meant that the serial number is in two spots on that chart.

When I saw the serial number she posted, it looked short a number. Usually that vintage is 7 digits after a letter....

The book says 99, because it's a 99 possibly the 99-13 you think it is... the 99K came afterward. All of the 99K I have seen have a backtack, yours just a screw to change stitch length.

Edit: Keep in mind that the manual could be from another machine, or reprinted, or even an original printed several years before the manufacture of the machine. A manual though is good for identifying the machine, if it matches the pictures in the book. i.e it looks like grayhare's, and doesn't have 2 slide plates that move front to back instead of left to right. The 128 that was mentioned would have the front and back slide plates.

There are a couple of ways to secure the stitch without reverse.
1 Hold the fabric so it can't be fed with the dogs for a few stitches
2. Change your stitch length to or close to 0 stitches per inch then sew a few stitches

Wiring's not hard to do, Rain has a tutorial on his blog that's for a different motor, but teaches you all the principles.
Yes Archaic the number on the ISMACS International dating list twice, once under the 99K and another time under the 128 that Grayhare pointed out. I don't understand that one unless it is a mistake. My Serial# has six numbers but it only has one capital letter. According to the list there were both kinds of serial numbers. My machine looks like the one in the manual except is doesn't have a lever on the balance wheel as I believe from the looks of it which would allow it to be used as a treadle machine. My balance wheel is solid and not slotted like the one in the manual also.

My side plate opens left to right. I do believe I was fortunate to also get the table with it. My manual does not show the table like the one on ebay does. Doesn't the motor on it take some kind of lubricant? My manual doesn't address the motor.

Thank you for the information. I will look into working on this myself if it is that easy.

Ladibug