Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 PM
ArchaicArcane

That's really weird. The ISMACS site is usually quite accurate in my experience. Though I'd think with that much information, there are bound to be errors.

I'm not sure which lever you mean,.. unless a hand crank attachment? Usually the treadle belt goes on a "ledge" attached to the balance wheel, between it and the body. Uhm.. actually, thinking about it, right where the rubber belt on a motorized one would go. (Sorry, long day.)

Solid hand wheels are machines that came motorized from the factory.

You were definitely fortunate to get the table. It's quite rare to find a table for a 3/4 size machine. Not $899 rare mind you. No, the machine isn't worth that. That ebay seller always has his prices out of line. You'll see his auctions pop up in the Vintage giggles thread from time to time. You got a good deal, not the deal of a lifetime though. ( as in, That ebayer's price is out to lunch, not the average.)

It seems like you have the manual for a similar but not identical machine. That might be because someone lost the manual and got a replacement. I've also seen motor manuals, that might have been in a transition period where they were supplying 2 manuals... just a guess. Yes, the motor requires grease. Singer grease / Singer Lubricant only. Almost any manual that has motor stuff in it will help you. Maybe try the ISMACS site and download say a 15-90, 201, 66 or even a different 99 manual from there. I bet any of them will address the motor.

Any time. Good luck! Just ask if you have any other questions.