View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Tothill

Gail it sounds like you have made some progress. You got rid of the yarn and fashion fabric.

You are ahead of me. I have a smaller room, about 10X11 and at one point it was fairly organized. Then I needed to put in a bed, dresser etc. I had to move out my bookcase, many of my totes etc.

Now it is a mess, the family room is too as that is where the shelves and totes wound up.

I have given away much of my yarn, except the fluffy yarn used to make scarves. I have not given away a single piece of fashion fabric and I have 100s of metres of it.

This weekend my priorities are to pack my Secret Santa package. Finish my ornament exchange gift, then if there is any time left over, trying to do some tidying up.

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
What a great start indeed! I just hate to be a whiner, but I can never get past first base when I begin to organize. I know two of my problems -1) the room is multi purposed (two hobbies and home office all in one) and only 12 x 12; and 2) have a hard time parting with "stuff." I've already donated ALL of my yarn so that's gone. Also have donated all non-cotton fabrics (ouch!). But that's as far as it's gotten. I'll begin to purge an area, get bogged down and give up. I don't know the answer except to hire a professional, but that is out of the question. A couple of friends have offered to help but I know that they "get rid of stuff" -- Yikes! So I wallow in piles and piles of organized disorganization.