View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 PM
IBQLTN

Who taught you to sew? My home economics teacher - 7th then 10th grade.
What frustrated you the most about your sewing machine? My first machine was a my mom's, a Brother, and it was a good machine. However, when stretch fabrics came along I kept getting skipped stitches so I wound up with a new machine that was WONDERFUL ... an Elna with cams which was a top of the line back in the early 70's ... cost me I think it was about $700.
What would make it easier to learn to sew? Well, back then it was pretty much read the directions ... now we have the internet and the possibilities are endless!
What did you do to conquer the sewing machine? First machine I purchased ... too user classes and then lots of other classes offered (garment making back then).
What kept you going? I loved being able to make things for other people as gifts ... still do!
Where did you keep your sewing machine? Case or Cabinet? Mom's cabinet. My first one, portable in spare bedroom.
When did you conquer the sewing machine? +/- 1970? OUCH!
How did you ever learn to quilt? Took my machine in for service and got invited to a meet the teacher event ... I haven't stopped since!
Did you use a straight stitch or zig zag sewing machine to learn to sew? zig zag
Were you a child or an adult when you learned to quilt? teenager