View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:20 AM
quilttiger

Who taught you to sew? I sat next to my mom while she was sewing and watched everything she did from the time I was a child. I made my first dress at age 12, following the dress pattern directions.
What frustrated you the most about your sewing machine? I've used several machines over the years without any major problems.
What would make it easier to learn to sew? Perhaps some simple classes at the beginning, but it is fun learning on your own!
What did you do to conquer the sewing machine? Not a problem there...I simply tell the machine I am the boss!
What kept you going? Persistence.
Where did you keep your sewing machine? Case or Cabinet? Cabinet.
When did you conquer the sewing machine? A LONG time ago, lol.
How did you ever learn to quilt? Self taught at first...no quilters at all in the family, and I finally took my class at the age of 58 and I am still going strong...love it. Stopped making clothes so I can have fun quilting...wonderful colors and prints to enjoy...
Did you use a straight stitch or zig zag sewing machine to learn to sew? Both.
Were you a child or an adult when you learned to quilt? I made my first quilt when I was about 15 (still have it, and it probably would be considered as an antique, ha). The next quilt top was when I was in my 30s. After my first class at the age of 58, I sure am making up for lost time and having a ball!