Old 11-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Everose

WOW!!! I really was behind. First I was sick with bad ear/throat. So drank lots of hot water/honey/apple cider vinegar. Felt like I was swimming in it, but it really helps my throat. Then on Friday, Mom fell twice. So around 5 p,m. we took her to the ER. 5+ hours later, after being discharged and called back, yes she has a hip fracture and bladder infection. Took her back to the memory unit with meds and thought things were going to be okay. Got the call on Sunday, she no longer qualifies to stay in the memory unit and we will have 30 days to find a nursing home. Many tears shed, calls to brothers (they didn't do any good - one hasn't returned any of our calls). Yesterday not more than 2 hours after I learned that Mom should be placed BEFORE we go to Michigan, a nursing home called with an invite. It was a home that we had toured before Mom came to live with us. God answered our prayers. Does Mom know what is happening, No. So hard to make a decision like this for someone else, but I'm at peace with it.

CHQ, great work. So rewarding to be able to wear clothes that are now baggy. DH bought a candy bar for me because usually that's how I get through the "crisis", but this time I just put it away in the refrig and said "it's going to be bad for you - don't go there". So I'm slowly on the loosing side again. Will be traveling for the next 2 1/2 weeks so that will test my strength also.

I'm off to the basement to sew 4 sets of pillow cases as Christmas gifts for family in Michigan. Said I was going to take as many gifts along so that I don't have to send them later.

Irish, please take care of yourself. Thanks Cindy for all you do for this thread. Pam, thanks for Tues taboo.