View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:51 AM
pam1966

Kathy, that is a great story. I love what we can do when no one tells us that we "can't"!

I've been sewing on and off for about 20 years. Mostly it was clothes for my daughter (she's 19 now). Then we moved to a house with a ton of windows, so I made the curtains and drapes for them. My biggest accomplishment is the drapes that are 22 feet long. To this day I still don't know how I did that.

I didn't really get interested in quilting until June of this year. I don't know why it took me so long! I guess because I had a "surprise" baby and I stay at home with him (he's almost 2 now) and I needed another hobby, lol.

I started off with a rail fence quilt. Then I made one in the Around the World pattern for my daughter. Then a simple one for a friend who married her high school sweetheart after 30 years (so romantic!). And a throw for my sister-in-law who always helps us out. I just finished one that's a sort of modified rail fence for a girl at our church who has leukemia. Plus a Christmas wall hanging.

Now I'm on the prowl for a new one!