View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 04:52 AM
wordmama

I belong to the Whitley County Country Quilters in Columbia City, IN. I have been a member since their first year of meeting which was 10 years ago.

There's kind of a funny story about my joining. My husband saw the ad in the paper about the group which was scheduled to meet that day coincidentally. He called the president who was listed in the ad. At the time we had a carry-in meal for each meeting. I came home from work that evening and he met me at the door. He said, "There's a quilt club meeting tonight and they're meeting at such-and-so address. Here's your hot dish to take. I'll take care of the baby. Go have fun!" So I went to the meeting and loved it and have been going ever since. The funniest part is that everyone loved his casserole and asked what was in it, and I couldn't tell them because I didn't even know! He kind of makes things up as he goes anyway, so he probably didn't know either! :D

Our group has grown to around 50 members. We have all levels of quilters. It has been fun seeing people come into the group and start quilting and blossom into really accomplished quilters. I love the sharing that goes on. Everyone brings something unique.

OUr group meets on the last Tues night of each month. We have a couple of retreats a year, go on shop hops together, have UFO days. I really enjoy all the women in the group.