Thread: Miracle Tree
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:42 AM
chuckbere15

Being of the male gender, I feel I must speak up on this matter. First, I commend you to take on this task of helping a person of less fortune. I don't like to think of people being needy, as we are all needy in some form or fashion. When I was that age, over 20 years ago, to receive electronics was unheard of in are family. We weren't poor by no means, but did not have an abundance of cash either. But when we did receive some electronic gizmo was really exciting. We always received clothes: socks, thermo undies, shirts, jeans, etc. Anyways, I belong to a group that buys gift cards for gay teens that either have been thrown out or left home. Ruth Ellis center tells us that the kids enjoy the gift cards as they can go and buy what they want. We also supply them with some of the essentials: toothbrush, tooth paste, deodorant, socks, undies, etc. And then we also buy them turkeys for thanksgiving and hams for Christmas.

To make a long story short, a gift card to a well known store, some of the essentials, and a card wishing them a merry Christmas. I would get it all from the same store and include a gift receipt so if they did not like the socks, gloves, or scarf, they would be able to exchange it and that is why I would include a card letting them know that a return would be acceptable.