View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kathbug View Post
My quilting buddy is my dog Charlie. She thinks that the quilts all are hers for blankets to lay on. I sandwich my quilts on the floor and she just comes over and lays down and watches. Unfortunately she is not a little dog. She is a labadoodle and takes up a large portion of the quilt not to mention I can not keep the quilt tight so it ia not wrinkled.LOL
awhhhhh- that sure makes me smile - i had a loving chocolate lab for 14 years who laid right under my sewing table when i sewed- always right there- when i got a machine that would start as soon as you stepped on the foot pedal i had to learn to ALWAYS turn the machine off when i stood up- or she would lay on that pedal & make it sew, sew, sew! she also would lay across any quilt i dared to lay out on the floor...she was close by my side for many good years (she was only 4 weeks old when i rescued her) I miss her every day! Kimba cat misses her too- he (adopted) some of her habits after she passed- he now runs to the door when anyone comes (he used to go hide under the bed) he flops down & sighs when he isn't getting the attention he thinks he should be getting & he shakes/scratches his collar & makes the same sound the dog's tags used to make...I don't know if he's just missing her too- or if he thinks if he acts like her enough i won't be tempted to bring home another one