View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Leota

Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
Inspired by recent discussions about self- (or spouse-) imposed moratoriums on fabric purchases, I thought a stash-busting challenge would further support those of us seeking to shop (and quilt) from our stash. This challenge's purpose is to support us by celebrating every project that is born of one's stash. Photos are strongly encouraged.

Anyone can play-- whether or not you're on a fabric purchasing moratorium.

To qualify as a success, 90% of your finished project must be made from your stash. For quilts, this means 90% of your quilt TOP. (Although Challenge participants will receive extra points-- cheers and applause-- for projects that are 100% stash-produced.)

"Finished" means all the way done and ready to use.

Who's going to post their first "made from stash" photo?
I have two questions
1. Does "stash" count if you bought the fabric for a specific quilt?
2. Does "stash" count if you raid your mother's that she inherited from her mother

I have completed ONE quilt top this year (June) that I started when my daughter was 15 (she's 32 now) She chose the pattern and I bought the fabric... I had to buy the backing material but the batting is cotton that my mother got from my grandmother's stash.
The 2nd quilt I'm working on is again one I bought the fabric for 17 years ago for my dd #2's quilt that she pick out the pattern and it's about 1/2 completed... goal is to have both completed by Dec 25, 2012