View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:17 AM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Well I am so glad Esqmommy came and "got" me!! Excellent work Scraplover!! I like your patterns. I love seeing other people's ideas at work!! I don't paper piece but have been thinking of trying it when I have time. Maybe in Nov or Dec I will play with some designs.K3n sent me some star designs I want to try.

I only started designing with EQ5 about 3 yrs ago. I have quilted since 1980 so I really love the ease of using the EQ as opposed to the graph paper. Tho I still use the graph paper some too.

I am thrilled to see another miniaturist on here! I loved looking at your pics and am glad you posted all of them! Any more to come? Keep it up!
Hahahhaha, am so glad Esqmommy grabbed you too! Thank you for the very nice compliments! I haven't seen anything to equal your work yet in mini style. You have many abilities! We are looking forward to seeing more of your creations! How did you like my ramdom use of color placement on the B. blocks? You should try this. Sometimes we need to break away from "what's expected pattern-wise" if you know what I mean. I realize you were trying to achieve a certain continuity in your B. blocks w/the color. I decided not to go with a repeated pattern of dk, med., lite w/ea B. bl. but decided to "just let it happen spontaneously." Sometimes this works, sometimes not. It's just so great to hear from you! I had a lot of trouble w/ your method and wondered how you "control" those awful bias edges on the outside? Had a terrible time trying to force them into position(haha) so need more work in that area.

Graph paper is the long route; you should stick with the EQ5. Let the computer do your work for you!

Omigosh, no, that's just a small sample of what I've done. These were done yrs ago and appeared wrinkly in places I thought (the bubble on the avatar), but I don't think I could run out of showing stuff "ever." I have sold a ton of my stuff and have a ton more to sell. People here showed so much interest in my work, I just decided to do a "bevy of my minis." So nice to hear from you and thanks again for your very kind compliments and glad you luv my pics!!!