View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I love seeing what others do and I did look closely at your use of the Bostons. My first reaction was to "suggest"' that you coordinate LOL and then I thought no that is her version and it works! I do tend to get in a rut but I have a strong strong preference for exteme contrast. I look at it as painting a picture so it is lines I am creating with the color placement.

But I love your avatar! I learn from others and I am trying to expand my focus to include other ways of using color. I sell to a local gift shop and for 13 years I have been doing nothing but Amish flavored products so it is alot of dark and light for that reason too. I am trying to lighten up and use more mediums and the brighter colors.

Would love to see more of your stuff!! There are many traditional designs I have never used and it is exciting to see how they work in your minis.

I guess as far as the bias edges I don't worry about them and they don't cause me any problem but then my finished sections within each block is usually only 1/2"- 3/4" so no bias problems with something that small.

I still occasionally use the graph when some thing I want to remember comes along and the EQ won't let me design that way.

I so appreciate you sharing what you do. Thanks!