View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I love seeing what others do and I did look closely at your use of the Bostons. My first reaction was to "suggest"' that you coordinate LOL and then I thought no that is her version and it works! I do tend to get in a rut but I have a strong strong preference for exteme contrast. I look at it as painting a picture so it is lines I am creating with the color placement.

But I love your avatar! I learn from others and I am trying to expand my focus to include other ways of using color. I sell to a local gift shop and for 13 years I have been doing nothing but Amish flavored products so it is alot of dark and light for that reason too. I am trying to lighten up and use more mediums and the brighter colors.

Would love to see more of your stuff!! There are many traditional designs I have never used and it is exciting to see how they work in your minis.

I guess as far as the bias edges I don't worry about them and they don't cause me any problem but then my finished sections within each block is usually only 1/2"- 3/4" so no bias problems with something that small.

I still occasionally use the graph when some thing I want to remember comes along and the EQ won't let me design that way.

I so appreciate you sharing what you do. Thanks!
Thanks again for the nice reply! Will def. show more as the demand increases (ha). I'll just put sewing aside and stay online all day! hahaha. What fun this is!

Know def. what you mean about need for contrast! Im very graphic too; more graphic than abstract. Rt. now I'm teaching myself(ha) how to sprinkle my colors across my work. Will tell you why the random color placement of B.Bl. worked on this quilt. It's because the quilt was so dark in color, it actually needed 2 little med.'s tog w/the lg. triangle because then you could see reflection of light, light, light coming thru. There must be a balance somewhere or the quilt will be pulled down. Know what I mean?

You're going to feel GREAT once you break out into other color areas. You will feel like a new person! It will happen when you're ready and voila, a new you will appear in your work! Great fun talking to you. Keep up the good work!!