View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by Krsy View Post
It's another night here reading the quilting board, wondering how to get everything done at home. I'm on my 10th day in the hospital, my timing for getting sick has put a huge monkey wrench into Christmas.
Someday you will look back on this time as a blessing. Many years ago I had booked TWO wedding cakes for the same weekend -- the week of Christmas. I was a teacher and baked and "did my thing" at nght and on weekends. This was going to be during the Christmas break. Well on the last day of school before the break, I landed in the hospital and remained there until Dec. 26. First thing I had to do was make calls and arrange for someone else to take care of these responsibilities. Things fell into place and everyone involved was very understanding. That was probably the best "rest" I've ever had despite the fact that I was pretty sick. My grown children got into motion and took care of holiday meals and celebrations. Things seem to fall into place if we just take it all in stride and accept.
Krsy, I wish you well and a quick recovery. In the meantime, relax and focus on healing. Everything else will take care of itself. Merry Christmas.