View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Belfrybat

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT View Post
I'm going to shock everyone, but I'm not going to do step #3 her way. I own those rulers, but just can do things her way (maybe she is right brained and I am left brained). That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it
I'm going to do HST's (half square triangles), so mine will end up being a 4 patch. Top row will be a square on the left and a HST on the right. Bottom row will be a HST on the left and a square on the right.
Suzanne in VT
No shock here -- but I would like to see in-the-works pics. I don't have her rulers but do a have flying geese one I used for the last step but still ended up with a bunch of wonky geese (about 1 in 6).

Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
Suzanne-could you post picture of your way..or the end result. I'm intrigued. I'm still on step 1....

Could someone explain the spinning of the seam/pinwheeling the seam. I read the explanations and I just don't understand what she means. I am sewing tithe same every time with the dark fabric leading....
It took me a while to understand it. But if you gentle pull on the center of the block where the seams meet, and then twist it a bit, it begins to form the pinwheel. It only works one way, and it took me a bit to figure that out. But once I did it was easy and I like the fact the center lays flat.