View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 AM
buslady

Originally Posted by Jory View Post
Don't let Bonnie Hunter see that pink sewing machine!

Jory
thank you for that. I actually do have the stuff organized within the boxes. The black stack has odds and ends of stabilizer in the top drawer, the second drawer, 2 unfinished purses, third "cheeter panels", and so on. The two tall clear roller drawer stacks have notions. One is buttons which is in clear containers sorted by color, one is beads also sorted into containers. I use the clear containers with 12 or so compartments., one is ribbon, one is men's ties I am collecting for a quilt, and so on. You cannot see the north wall of the closet, it has clear totes with various items sorted in there. 3 totes full of fleece (I use it when my grand kids come to sew), one tote with quilt bats and another with batting pieces, one with furs and another with purse fabrics ( I like to buy odd fabrics for purses). There is a shelf on that wall, too. It has clear plastic shoe boxes with notions in them. One with bias tape, one with ribbon, one with lace, one with zippers, one with my glue guns and glue sticks........ The fabric used to be folded and sorted by size and color, but that don't ever seem to last long!! I don't use that room for actual sewing. It is my cutting and designing room. I will eventually set a sewing machine up there so I can sew there if I want to. I actually sew in the living room and that can get cluttered when I am "in" a project, but I clean it up and put stuff away as soon as I can. That end of the room is separated from the living area by the sofa, so it is part of the room, but doesn't take it over. My friend had been over and I had to move that second chair in so I could help her. The little bunny covers the machine when not in use, and the iron goes in the cupboard under the ironing board when it is not in use.
I'm sure my sewing space will NEVER be perfect, cause I am not! I just love to sew!! I like many of your ideas and will implement a couple of them when I have time off during the holidays. Thank you so very much.

Last edited by buslady; 12-13-2012 at 06:39 AM.