View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 04:12 PM
nellebelles

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful compliments! And to answer a few questions:
The ribbon stays with me--I talked to my daughter about it and she agreed that I should have the ribbon. However, there is a description that was typed up about the quilt, and she gets to keep that. Of course, some day when I am not around anymore, the ribbon will "find" it's way back to the quilt...
And yes, my DSIL is in the Army Guard, and absolutely, he does deserve our thanks for his service. He spent a year away from his family, serving in Saudi Arabia. He is a great son-in-law, a wonderful husband, and an awesome daddy!
About my third place ribbon--I won third place in the Applique/Machine Quilted division, not the whole quilt show.
The first and second place winners were beautiful too, and much more detailed than mine was. They definitely deserved their ribbons, too.
As far as my foot goes, I saw the doctor for my first post-op today. Things are going well. I got the staples removed, the big surgical cast taken off, xrays taken and a cool, new blue cast put on. I will be non-weight bearing for about 10 more weeks. I figure by the first of January, I should be able to walk again. Thank you for all the well-wishes and the prayers! They are much appreciated!