View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 05:14 PM
annthreecats

Originally Posted by KnittingPlatypus View Post
Update 2: So the budget is set, I have talked to her mother and a few other and we are going to get her a family gift. This way we can give her enough to get a machine, a hand full of other basics, and maybe have enough left over to take a class or two depending on the cost. I have had so much great feedback from all of you. I have to say I was a touch nervous posting on the board with zero knowledge of machines or quilting but you have all dispelled that and I can't wait to keep you posted on the gift goes over and the machine she ends up buying!

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I've been looking at the Baby Lock (Molly and Grace models) and Viking (100q and Emerald) as they are in the price range that I have set and are the brands my local shop (Erika's in South Bend) carry. So if any of you have hands on experience with these I humbly ask for any feedback. So between my wife's preference, you and the local's shop feed back, my wife will surely get the perfect machine to start her adventures in sewing.
I don't have any of the machines you are looking at. Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I love what you are doing for your wife. So sweet!!!