View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Jennalyn

I just had input from the recipient as to the fabric choices - I'd been trying to get her over for a little while. Her thoughts:

She begged me to keep in the shiny gold dark blue in between the other two dark blues. I showed her how it looked from a distance and she said that was fine and she'd be sad forever if I got rid of that fabric b/c it was so pretty and still 'went' for her. Likewise with the center square, though less strongly worded. She also made a few good suggestions.

The blue and green leaf-print batik in between the peacock and the darker blue doesn't 'fit' as well, she says, so if there's any way I can find a medium-toned blue that matches one of the aquas in the peacock then she sayd that might look better to her. The hunt will begin soon!

She really loves that shade of purple, but if I was going to go with another color then she suggested a warm french gray. (I LOVE french gray too! Hadn't even occurred to me!) So I'll be looking through both local LQS to see if I can find a gray that plays well.

Thank you everyone for your input! I value it highly. You guys are the absolute best resource around.