View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Yarn or Fabric

Originally Posted by smdreger
I work in a custom drapery workroom and all our cutting tables are made with hemosate (SP?) which is techically underlayment for floors. It works really good for pinning and you can even iron on it. We also have a few ironing tables that has this as the base and then batting over that with drapery lining (like muslin) pulled taunt over it. You can buy the hemosate (sp?) at Home Depot 4' X 6' sheets I believe for around $24.00. My husband is going to build me one in our basement.

HTH

Sara :-)
I can't find this online!! I'm going to have to check out Home Depot next time I get out - hopefully on Sunday.. that sounds like just what I need - can you iron directly on to it?? That reminds me of that $200 cutting/ironing board I was drooling over at the quilt show lol.

I do want to make a new ironing board that's for sure. I really don't like my regular ironing board - especially since I can't get a new cover for it and now the top is all loose because I had to cut the cord to get it off when I got the new cover and then the new cover was huge compared to the board and didn't fit... yeah, I am planning on pulling out the sheet garters to keep that on place now. Funny. That dinky bit of foam is now in the right spot and the cover won't stay on :lol:

A friend of mine's husband has wood working tools... I'm going to ask him if he could round the corners off of a board for me next week so that I can make a new cutting board.. hmmmm.... Maybe I can get him to do it tonight so we can have a new ironing board for tomorrow's big sew in...
hmmmm....

Three days in a row of sewing wahoo!! (today is day 2)