View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Helen H

Thank you "dunster" for kind remarks about our Bloomin' Log Cabin quilt! And thank you for info on the quilt in your logo. Would you believe I ALSO have THAT book!!! I can't believe it. Went right to my books on scrap quilts, and there it was.

However, I now think I am discouraged after what you said and seeing the pattern. Additionally, we want a full-sized quilt and that may not be adaptable - but there's always your blue one with the Greek keys - that's a winner too.

As far as info on raffling a quilt, several of us made it, about 5 or 6, and that can be tricky - trust me - everyone sews differently, but we did alright with it. We printed our own tickets just on paper, stapled them together in batches of 6 (sold them for $1 a piece or 6 for $5) -- almost everyone will buy $5 worth it seems. A bunch of us would take 5 - 10 packs of tickets, sell them, turn the money into the treasurer, and take more to sell. We sold to relatives and friends mostly.

We sold tickets for about 2-1/2 months. We did have the lobby of a senior citizen apartmt building where we sew where we displayed the quilt on a full sized rack so the whole thing could be seen. People coming in and out bought tickets. No other public venue. We were pleased with the results for sure.

Thanks again for your help.