View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 01:52 PM
QuilterMomma

D9P is a fun block as well. That would go a lot faster for us. My mind is in productive mode of getting thru these scraps with the larger pieces first then working my way down to the small ones with the left overs from the big ones. My thought on the spools is that you can use any of your scrap light fabric for the background and any dark piece for the spool. This way you don't have to have a staple fabric like white or black. Funny you should show that Scrappy rainbow Star. I have one of those pin the process of my UFOs right now. I should dig it out and get it done. They take quite a bit of time in my mind at least. I am doing mine by foundation piecing instead of strips sewn together and then cut the triangle out. Mine is not blocks, it is one large quilt with star points. It is from a magazine and if I am lucky I put the magazine or book with the pattern. I believe I remember which one it is. Which also brings to mind. Another block, but has lots of little pieces, is the Kansas Troubles block. It is a wonderful scrap pattern as well.